Claims Handling Procedures
- You the claimant should follow the instructions under the "Important Notice" section of the Certificate of Marine Cargo Insurance. Failure to follow instructions may result in delay to claims settlement or to the possibility of the claim being declined.
- Claims are handled on behalf of the TT Club by W K Webster and their appropriate office (see certificate of marine cargo insurance) should be notified immediately of any claim or the claim can be notified on line at www.wkwebster.com/cargo/form1.asp where you should follow the instructions provided. Please take care to ensure that the correct certificate of marine cargo insurance number is entered in the relevant field.
- To enable claims to be dealt with promptly, the Assured or their Agents are advised to submit all available supporting documents without delay to W K Webster Claims Department or Surveyors if appointed by W K Webster. The surveyor is an independent person instructed to ascertain nature, cause and extent of loss and has no authority to make any promise of payment for or on behalf of TT Club.
- You are reminded of your obligation to give immediate notice to carriers in the event of loss or damage and to confirm that in writing as soon as possible.
- Sight of the following documents will be requested, where appropriate, by W K Webster:
- Original Certificate of Marine Cargo Insurance
- Commercial Invoice
- Packing List
- Bill of Lading / Air Waybill / Consignment Note (both sides of these please)
- Signed Delivery Receipt
- Copies of letter(s) notifying Carriers of the claim and holding them responsible
- Carrier's replies if available
6. The instructions of W K Webster Claims Department or their appointed Surveyors take precedence over written instructions here. Failure to follow their instructions may result in delays or possibly refusal of a claim.
7. Please keep full written records of all correspondence or conversations in relation to the claim.
8. If you are unable to file the claim with W K Webster online or via the office stated on the certificate then please contact the local W K Webster office whose details can be found on their website or alternatively telephone: +(44) 208 300 7744 (24 hr) for assistance.